Bear Motion (TM) 100% Genuine Leather Case for iPad 2 2nd Generation Folio with 3-in-1 built-in Stand for Apple iPad 2 (Latest Generation) Tablet [Click the picture]

We have recently ordered many of this case and gave them out to our corporate clients as souvenir. They have been very welcomed.
I found it when I was search for a new case for my coming new iPad 2.

I preordered this item in early March when I foresaw that I would get an iPad 2 despite the fact that I already have iPad 1, Kindle and Galaxy Tab. (Obviously, I am a crazy gadget lover).
I received this one via UPS on the third day after I placed the order. The case looked very nice. I was a little bit concerned that the cuts wouldn't fit that well since the iPad 2 was still a mystery. After expressing the concern, the company emailed a photo of the plastic model of the iPad 2. It seems that factories in China already had those prototype long ago. After all, they make all the accessories for Apple, I guess no surprise there. :)
I was able to get my iPad 2 on Friday after 4 hours waiting in line. Paid a lot more than I expected because all the 16GB and 32GB models were out by the time I reached the sales person. I ended up with a 64GB WIFI + 3G. Totally happy with the iPad. Now, back to the case.
The iPad 2 fits into the case very snuggly, like a glove. There is a opening in the middle where the booklet folds. There is an extra piece of leather extended out from the inner case and folds back into under the iPad. It makes the iPad stay in the case very securely. There is also a velcro strap under it. When it folds back under the ipad, the velcro sticks to the other piece that is attached to the case and makes it more secure. I found the design is very thoughtful and practical.
I like the fact that you can position the iPad in two different ways. I could not figure out the third position mentioned in the item description. Why they call it 3 in 1, is beyond me, nor would it bother me a little though.
I also like the leather finish. When I got my iPad 1, I bought a fake leather case from eBay. I am still using it but it is nothing like the leather case. I might go ahead and get a leather one for my old iPad too. You can really tell the difference once you have both to compare in hand.
There was a little bit chemical smell when I just got it. Since I had it a couple of weeks ago, I had enough time for it to gas out. Now, it only has the pour leather smell, which is really nice.
I love this case and I would recommend it to anyone. I feel this should last a long time. But, if anything happens later that is in contradictory to what I found today, I will certainly come back and update everyone.

***Update 5.15.2011***
After using the case for 2 month, it is still going strong. But, today, I noticed that the company has made the case better in design since my purchase. Obviously, I got the first batch and some of the things were still not very user friendly. With little hope, I contacted the company. Surprisingly, they offered to get me a replacement. I highly appreciate the professionalism and customer centric policy of this company.

No comments:

Post a Comment